The OREBO PTY LTD (ACN 009011072) trading as Moondyne Joes Hotel (ABN 27 059 112 850 Liquor License No 6020001107 ) takes its patrons privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting patrons’ personal information. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) regarding the manner in which we handle personal information and, wherever possible, aim to exceed the standards of privacy protection required under the Act.
This document sets out our information handling policies to ensure that you are aware of, and understand, what types of information we collect about you, the purposes for which it is used and persons to whom, if any, it is disclosed.
This is in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
How we collect your information
Generally, there are only four circumstances in which we collect personal information about you:
- when you register at Moondyne Joes Hotel website;
- when our marketing staff takes a photo of you inside our venue for our website
- when you enter into a competition
- when you offer your details for contact back for information regarding events
- when you are within view of the CCTV security surveillance cameras located on our premises.
There may be other occasions on which we collect information about you via other means; for example, if your friend hires a function room for a surprise birthday party for you or you are involved in an incident at our venue.
Kinds of information we hold
The type of information we hold about you depends on the purpose for which it was collected. For example:
- if you register at Moondyne Joes Hotel Website – we will hold you first name, last name, email address and possibly your mobile number, street address, suburb, postcode and state;
- if our marketing staff has taken a picture of you – we will hold a photograph of you along with any details you may have provided to the photographer, such as your name;
- if you have entered into a competition – we will hold the details which you have provided on the entry form;
- if you have walked within view of our CCTV security surveillance cameras – we will hold footage of you within our club.
We may hold other information about you that we have received or generated in the course of our day-to-day business activities, such as correspondence from you, account information and billing statements.
How we use your information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with entertainment services and products;
- for internal purposes, such as procedural assessments, risk management, product and service reviews, staff training and accounting;
- to keep you informed of upcoming events, products and other promotions;
- to ensure that we provide you with a safe and secure entertainment venue;
- to strongly deter individuals who intend to engage in inappropriate or illegal activities from entering our venue;
- – to identify any individuals engaging in inappropriate or illegal activities, to ban those persons from re-entering our venue and to take any other action that we believe is appropriate in the circumstances, such as reporting incidents to the Police.
How we disclose your information
We only disclose your personal information to third party in very limited circumstances and only if it is necessary for the conduct of our business. We do not, under any circumstances, sell or otherwise trade in your personal information. Organisations to which we may disclose your personal information include professional service providers (e.g. solicitors, accountants and business advisors) and to contractors to whom we out-source certain functions (e.g. mailing houses and electronic network administrators). Wherever possible, we impose strict contractual conditions on service providers and contractors to ensure that they handle your information in accordance with the privacy standards set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We may also disclose your personal information where it is expressly permitted under the Privacy Act; for example, where we are legally required to do so.
How we secure your information
We hold all of your personal information in a secure manner to ensure that it is protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Web based records are all stored via secure web third parties.
Physical security measures are taken to protect all hardcopy records such as paper documents and CCTV video tapes; for example, access to them is limited and storage cabinets are locked. Electronic records are protected by username and password access and firewalls. Access to the electronic records is strictly limited to those staff whose tasks require access, such as senior managers and security officers. When records containing personal information are no longer needed, we ensure those records are destroyed securely; for example, we shred paper records and degauss (i.e. demagnetise) electronic records so that information contained in them cannot be retrieved.
Correcting your information
If your personal information is out-of-date or incorrect, you may inform us of this in writing and we will correct it for you. In the unlikely event that we disagree about the accuracy of the information and are unable to change it, you may provide us with a statement indicating that you dispute its accuracy and we will associate the statement with your information in such a manner that it will be brought to the attention of each person who subsequently uses the information.
As outlined earlier in this policy, we may use your personal information to keep you informed of upcoming events, products and other promotions; for example, by sending you mail-outs. Under no circumstances do we wish to annoy our patrons with promotional advertising (spam) mail or be considered offending spam mail by web authorities. If you do not wish to receive promotional materials, you can ask to have your details removed from our promotions database by sending a written request to Marketing and Promotions using our contact form. Your details will be removed from the database and you will not be sent any further promotional materials.
Changes to this policy
Further Questions ?
For a copy of the current Privacy Act please click this link here
This policy commenced/was last updated on: 17 July 2014